Subject: Re: No DOS trap /0 used!
From: [email-masked] (Arno Eigenwillig)
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 1994 22:43:41 +0100
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

Hi!

In article <[email-masked]>,
	[email-masked] (Mike Austin) writes:

> On 5 Jan 94 05:21:26 GMT, Marc 'Nepomuk' Heuler ([email-masked])
wrote:
> : In article <[email-masked]>, Arno Eigenwillig writes:
> 
> : > 2. What should be the value yielded by x/0? x? 0?
> 
> : Definately  a  very  strong  random  number  generator fed with the current
> : system time and moon phase as seed gives the correct result.  :---)

Hey, moonphase.library is still subject to NDAs, as C= considers any
computations bound to the phase of the moon as important factors for
management decisions =:-).

> How about a requester that pops up with "Division by 0 error, results will
> be inaccurate" and just *pretend* n/0 = 0?

Why 0? Hear this *true* story: When I was in primary school, my maths
teacher tried to persuade me x/0 = x, obviously having studied sports
and arts or such.
Her proof: If you give x sweets to 0 people, how much are left for you?

Why not having a gadget to let the user enter the value he wants to have
as result of x/0? ;->

---                 __                            __
Arno Eigenwillig __/// [email-masked]     __/// German "FIDO Classic":
++49-2225-5870   \XX/  [email-masked] \XX/ 2:2402/330.99  2:242/99